2018 ANNUAL REPORT
Magnet Redesignation is in the Mail
NorthBay Healthcare’s effort to earn Magnet redesignation moved forward in 2018 with delivery of application documents to appraisers and the Magnet Program Office.
Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) is the highest and most prestigious distinction a healthcare organization can receive for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care.
Just 8 percent of U.S. hospitals have earned the Magnet designation, including NorthBay, which first earned the designation in December of 2014.
Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer Traci Duncan praised the effort put in to meet the Oct. 1 deadline for the application and noted that many NorthBay team members contributed to the process by collecting and providing data and “more importantly by creating positive outcomes in the clinical environment.”
- Some of those include:
- Reduction in healthcare acquired infections;
- Reduction in patient falls;
- Reduction in severe maternal morbidity;
- Inter-professional collaboration in patient care;
- Implementation of professional standards in cardiac rehabilitation;
- Inter-professional patient education related to COPD; and
- Implementation of Leap Rail technology in perioperative services and many more examples of clinical excellence.
Each Magnet Journey is “unique and each has some bumps along the way as well,” the Magnet team agreed.