2017 ANNUAL REPORT
NorthBay Guild Awards Annual Scholarships
Nineteen scholarships were presented during the annual NorthBay Guild Scholarship Lunch, June 12, at the Green Valley Administration Center in Fairfield.
Fourteen NorthBay employees won scholarships; six earned $1,000 and eight were awarded $500 each. Three teen hospital volunteers each won $750 from the Elizabeth D. Balmer Scholarship fund and two Vacaville High School students each won $500 Martha S. Orr Scholarships. Both Balmer and Orr were founding members of the Guild. Their families oversee the scholarships.
The six employees receiving $1,000 scholarships are:
- Shauna Bishop, clinical supervisor of the NorthBay Center of Neuroscience.
- Shawneesuree Laiwa-McKay, RN, NorthBay Medical Center ICU.
- Jennifer Veler, RN, VacaValley Hospital ICU.
- Jason Velez, RN, Unit 1600 at NorthBay Medical Center.
- Laura Villagrana, VacaValley Hospital staffing and scheduling specialist.
- Lisa Walters, patient access ambassador.
The eight employees earning $500 scholarships are:
- Aly Bales, unit clerk/nurse assistant in NorthBay Medical Center Obstetrics department.
- Michaella Caponio, CNA on 1-West at VacaValley Hospital.
- Teri Chamberlain, RN, NorthBay Medical Center ICU.
- Lorraine Dinis, unit clerk/nurse assistant in the NICU.
- Jenica Ramos, call center service representative.
- Michael Farley, respiratory care practitioner at NorthBay Medical Center.
- Robin Anne McIntyre, primary care health coordinator at the Center for Primary Care in Fairfield.
- Liza Sims, Ambulatory practice manager.
The Elizabeth D. Balmer Scholarships were presented by her husband, David, who had recently turned 101, along with his daughter Joanne Balmer, and son, Thomas Balmer.
The scholarships were awarded to three teen volunteers:
- Taylor Dennis, who graduated from Will C. Wood High School.
- Franchezka Galura, a Vanden High School graduate.
- Rita Zughbaba graduated from Buckingham Charter Magnet High School.
Vaca High Graduates
The Martha S. Orr Scholarship is presented to graduates of Vacaville High School. The late Martha Orr was both a Guild volunteer and member of the NorthBay Healthcare corporate board of directors.
The award was presented to Caitlyn Michelle Neitz and Odalis Gonzalez.
The Guild would like to thank Donna Anderson for her continued work as the Guild scholarship chair.