2020 ANNUAL REPORT
Accreditations, Honors & Awards
NorthBay Healthcare is proud to have earned accreditations from The Joint Commission, under the following categories:
- The Joint Commission — NorthBay Medical Center and NorthBay VacaValley Hospital
- The Joint Commission — Home Care Accreditation Program - NorthBay Health at Home
- The Joint Commission — Pathology and Clinical Laboratory Accreditation Program — NorthBay Medical Center and NorthBay VacaValley Hospital Clinical Laboratories
- The Joint Commission — NorthBay Joint Replacement Program
- The Joint Commission — Primary Stroke Center — NorthBay Medical Center and VacaValley Hospital
Professional accreditations, honors and awards are a reflection of the rigorous process we invite from independent evaluators, allowing us to compare our performance with healthcare organizations across the country. More importantly, it ensures that we meet — or exceed — stringent professional standards.
Awards provide further affirmation of NorthBay Healthcare’s commitment to quality of care.
Additionally, NorthBay Healthcare has been part of a collaboration with the Mayo Clinic Care Network since 2016, an alliance that further enhances the exceptional care NorthBay Healthcare is able to provide our patients. Patients receive answers to complex medical questions—and peace of mind— while staying close to home. NorthBay physicians connect electronically and directly with Mayo specialists for additional input on a patient’s care and at no cost to the patient.
Here are NorthBay Healthcare’s accreditations, honors and awards for 2020:
NorthBay Specialty Pharmacy received full accreditation from the Utilization Accreditation Commission (URAC) for three years, from June 2020 to June 2023, with no corrections or deficiencies. “Very few pharmacies actually pass the URAC survey with no deficiencies, and less than 25 percent of specialty pharmacies have dual accreditation, as we do, through the URAC and the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). Dual accreditation is necessary to maintain competitiveness, access to limited distribution drugs and insurance contracts,” according to Ryan Seo, director of Pharmacy Services for NorthBay Healthcare.
The Surgery Center at NorthBay VacaValley underwent a successful accreditation survey in June by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Healthcare (AAAHC). The accreditation is good through June 2023.
NorthBay Healthcare was one of just a few physician organizations statewide to receive the 2020 Excellence in Healthcare Award from the Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA), for top performance on clinical quality, patient experience and cost measures. Of the nearly 200 physician organizations statewide participating in the program, fewer than one in nine attained the Excellence in Healthcare Award performance standards for 2020.
Chest Pain Award
NorthBay Medical Center received the American College of Cardiology’s NCDR Chest Pain — MI Registry Gold Performance Achievement Award for 2020. It is one of only 60 hospitals nationwide to receive the honor and it is the seventh year in a row for the Fairfield hospital to be honored with the award.
Blood Pressure Champion
NorthBay was recognized by the American Heart Association (AHA) and the American Medical Association (AMA) as a leader in getting patient blood pressure rates under control, earning a 2020 Target: BP Gold award for achieving blood pressure control rates of 70 percent or more in their adult patient population with high blood pressure.
Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement
For the fourth year in a row, NorthBay Medical Center earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and also qualified for recognition on the Target: Stroke Honor Roll. The hospital has earned Stroke Association awards five years in a row: a silver and four golds.
Other Accreditations, Certifications and Verifications
NorthBay currently maintains the following:
- American Nurses Credentialing Center — Magnet Recognized
- American College of Surgeons — Level II Trauma Verification
- World Health Organization and U.N. Children's Fund — Baby-Friendly Hospital Designation
- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care — NorthBay Medical Center — Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer — NorthBay Cancer Center
- American College of Cardiology– NorthBay Medical Center — Gold Performance Award
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) — The Center for Diabetes & Endocrinology
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) — The Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation — NorthBay Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Accreditation Commission for HealthCare — NorthBay Specialty Pharmacy